Tag: motorcycle restoration

Update: Finished Priming the Dnepr

Today the sidecar and sidecar frames got their final coats of primer, completing the priming of parts for the Dnepr project.  A full gallon of primer was consumed to prime the Dnepr.  Before I begin spraying the black 2-part urethane paint, each part will be hand…

Update: More Sanding

This weekend I’ve been block sanding the primed fenders and continuing the body work on the sidecar.  The tubular pieces like the frame will just be wet sanded by hand, but the sheet metal pieces like the fenders and sidecar body have to be straight and…

Update: Priming the Dnepr

Yesterday I finally primed the first of many pieces for the Dnepr project.  I’m using Eastwood’s Contour primer, which went on smoothly and evenly.  I’m also quite pleased with the performance of my Sprayit SP-33000 paint gun, a “low-volume, low-pressure” (LVLP) gun that works well with smaller air…

Update: Dnepr Rear Drive, Wheel Truing

It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update on the Dnepr project, so I gathered up some recent pictures to share.  The paint has been stripped from the motorcycle frame.  I still need to remove the paint from the fenders, sidecar and sidecar frame.  The…

Update: Dnepr Hub Bearings, New Exhaust

With the exception of the new leading link fork, I’ve received all the parts I’ve ordered for the Dnepr rebuild project.  The shipment of the fork was delayed, but was finally shipped a week ago and was in Warsaw, Poland as of April 20. The new…

Update: Dnepr is Disassembled

I thought I’d post a few pictures of the Dnepr, which is now down to a pair of frames and a sidecar body.  I’ve been working late over the past few weeks, but I did manage to get the Dnepr disassembled.  All the parts have been set…

Touring on the ’65 Honda Benly Touring 150

Between the rain drops and gale force winds, I insisted on taking the ’65 Honda around town.  I’ll be hauling it down-state tomorrow, so this was my last chance to get some pictures of the Benly in the North.  The weather was not great for riding,…

Restoration Complete

Today I had the pleasure of putting 23 miles on my newly restored 1965 Honda CA95 Benly Touring 150.  I took it easy since the engine is still breaking in, but it ran quite well, and shifted through the gears with no issue.  Since this was…

Reassembly Begins

274 days after I began disassembling the ’65 Honda in Alden, I finally started to reassemble the pieces.  Since the wide white wall tires are still on back order, I can only go so far, but I put in about 4 hours on the project today.…

’72 Honda Resurrected

Today I had the satisfaction of putting 24 miles on my newly restored 1972 Honda CB175.  The odometer displayed 2074 miles for the past 30 years, so it was nice to see it advance to 2098.  The twin cylinder engine sounds great, and the transmission shifts…