Update: Dnepr Exhaust and Cables Installed

I spent a few hours this weekend with the Dnepr project, mounting both exhaust pipes and mufflers.  Previously, the left exhaust was just resting in place to test-fit the components.  The new dual exhausts look much better than the original 2-into-1 muffler, and the vintage-style fish tail mufflers add a nice touch.  Everything mounted right up, although I had to remove about 3 centimeters of pipe from the end of the right pipe as it was too long.  An angle grinder made fast work of that task.

I lubricated all 5 cables before routing and connecting them.  Once I get to the point of securing a wiring harness in place, I’ll do my best to hide the cables, or at least mount them so that they are less noticeable.  On the handlebar, I had to make some adjustments to secure the inverted hand levers, but I love the vintage look of these levers.

The rear axle and drive shaft were also installed.  Since many fasteners were only hand-tightened to test each part for proper fit, I removed many fasteners and applied a thread lock compound before re-tightening.

It will probably be a few weeks before I make more progress.  Thanks for checking in.

About Kevin Forth

Always learning, Kevin is an IT professional that likes to tinker with electronics, motorcycles, and whatever he can take apart.

View all posts by Kevin Forth →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *